UPCOMING WAGE & HOUR WEBINAR EVENTS
The New FLSA Salary Regulations: What Employers Need to Know
Hosted by Thomson Reuters and the Wage & Hour Defense Institute
Date: October 31, 2019
Speakers: Allison Balus & Jason Reisman
In this webinar you will learn:
- Understanding the revised standard salary level requirements
- Making sense of the new 10% rule for nondiscretionary payments
- Auditing existing exempt employee classifications
- Implementing a reclassification plan
- Understanding what the new rule did not change
- Complying with differing state and local minimum salary thresholds
Thompson Reuters Practical Law and the Wage & Hour Defense Institute held a free, 75-minute webinar discussing the US Supreme Court’s Epic Systems Corp. decision and its impact on the arbitration of federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and state wage and hour claims.
- Understanding the Epic Systems Corp. decision.
- Comparing the litigation and arbitration forums.
- Preparing a mass arbitration strategy.
- Reviewing existing arbitration provisions for potential problems.
- Understanding an employee’s contractual defenses.
- Complying with differing state law, such as prohibitions against mandatory arbitration of sexual harassment claims.
Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2018
More Info Here